Jul 16, 2010

Treasure Hunt?

So, after three long night shifts in a row (filled with emergencies galore!) I came home last night to a neat surprise from Jaron.... a small note on the front doorknob..... he was sending me on a hunt which took me from one clue to another from the upstairs, to outdoors in our shed, to the basement, and back around and around again. Each place I was sent had another clue as to where to go next... I ended up getting a bag of Reese's (which is every girls' dream!) and a $10 bill to treat myself to dinner somewhere while he was gone at worship team practice. It may not seem like anything amazing to any of you, but for me it meant so much to know he had been thinking about me and planning this throughout the day for me as a way to release the tension I'd been experiencing. It worked. I found myself wondering what the next clue would lead me to in the house... I found myself laughing as the clues revealed inside jokes we share. It was a beautiful and meaningful gesture that helped me relax and leave work AT work.

Sometimes it is the simple things that make the biggest difference in someone's life. Is there anyone you know and care about who needs a simple gesture that shows that you care? Don't be afraid to do it for them! They'll remember it forever!

><>CH

No comments:

Post a Comment